Term Group - Fun with Friends
For ages 8-12.
Biala Social Groups - facilitated by Occupational Therapists - provide a supported space for neurodivergent children to connect with each other while exploring and developing their own communication, social and regulation needs.
Our social groups aim to:
· Assist children to explore and develop their preferred social and communication styles in a supported group setting.
· Foster peer connections through meaningful interactions and client led activities.
· Help children to build their understanding of their own emotions and regulation with therapist support.
· Support children to practise advocating for their own social and emotional needs.
Biala social groups vary based on the child’s developmental, preference of engaging in social interactions and the dynamics of the group.
Typical activities in this group include Arts and Craft while facilitating conversations that may arise, e.g.:
· How to identify bullying and ways to respond.
· How to respectfully express ourselves or advocate for self when there is a difference of opinion.
· Identifying own triggers in social situations and developing appropriate regulation strategies.
2023 Fortnightly Tuesdays
VENUE: Biala, 1 Elizabeth Street Mornington
COST: From $174.58/session (Please refer to the Biala Peninsula Billing Guide for more information about our billing).
Families who are joining a group for the first time are required to attend a 1:1 initial assessment session with a therapist/Early Childhood Teacher (ECT). This can be face-to-face, via telehealth or by phone.