Term Group - Biala Besties
For ages 6-9.
Biala Social Groups - facilitated by Occupational Therapists - provide a supported space for neurodivergent children to connect with each other while exploring and developing their own communication, social and regulation needs.
Our social groups aim to:
· Assist children to explore and develop their preferred social and communication styles in a supported group setting.
· Foster peer connections through meaningful interactions (such as sharing, turn taking, winning/losing) and client led activities.
· Help children to build their understanding of their own emotions and regulation with therapist support.
· Support children to practise advocating for their own social and emotional needs.
Biala social groups vary based on the child’s developmental needs and preference of engaging in social interactions.
Typical activities in this group include:
· Arts and Craft
· Dance based games (i.e., musical statues)
2023 Fortnightly Tuesdays
VENUE: Biala Peninsula, 1 Elizabeth Street, Mornington
COST: From $142.25/session (Please refer to the Biala Peninsula Billing Guide for more information about our billing).
Families who are joining a group for the first time are required to attend a 1:1 initial assessment session with a therapist/Early Childhood Teacher (ECT). This can be face-to-face, via telehealth or by phone.