Term Group - Boogie @ Biala
Boogie @ Biala is a dance group aimed at children 6-12 years of age supporting the development of skills needed to transition into community-based dance classes. The classes consist of warm up and stretches, rhythm and body awareness, collaborative games, beginner level dance routines, improvisation and opportunities for performance. Children are supported by an occupational therapist in a small group to develop their confidence to learn dance based skills, the ability to collaborate with other peers and identify strategies needed to facilitate their transition.
The program addresses the areas of:
- Basic jazz, ballet and hip hop skills
- Gross motor skills such as posture, strength and coordination
- Body and spatial awareness
- Emotional regulation, social skills such as complete learnt dance works with peers
- Rhythmic awareness, motor planning including developing dance steps, phrases and routines.
Monday (weekly) 4.15pm—5.15pm
Biala Peninsula, 1 Elizabeth Street, Mornington
From $142.25/session (Please refer to the Biala Peninsula Billing Guide for more information about our billing).
Please contact our admin team:
Tel. (03) 5975 1820
Or complete the contact form below and we will respond to your enquiry within 2 business days
Families who are joining a group for the first time are required to attend a 1:1 initial assessment session with a therapist/Early Childhood Teacher (ECT). This can be face-to-face, via telehealth or by phone.